- 1 ¾ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 2 Tbs Sherry Vinegar
- 5 Juniper Berries, crushed
- 4 sprigs Rosemary – chopped.
- 1 large or 1 small shallots – diced
- 1 8 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes – crush them by hand
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb cooked ham – cut into 4 whole slices ¼ inch thick and the rest cubed
- 1 8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Bring stock, wine, vinegar, berries, rosemary and shallots to a boil in a 9-10inch oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce until there is only about ½ cup left in the pan. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper, simmer stirring occasionally until thickened 10-12 minutes. Arrange the slices of ham in the skillet – spreading them out over the skillet – add the chopped pieces of ham as well. Sprinkle the top with first parmesan and then mozzarella. Bake in the oven until the ham is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly – about 30 minutes. Serve immediately over fresh cooked pasta.