- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup shelled crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, red pepper and celery
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Creole spice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 8 slider buns
- Tartar sauce
- In a saute pan heat 1 teaspoon oil, add chopped onion, red pepper and celery and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add garlic, crawfish meat, and 1 teaspoon Creole spice (or to taste). Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Mix in egg and enough bread crumbs for mixture to bind; adjust seasonings to taste with salt, pepper and Creole spice.
- Form into 8 equal patties and flatten to 3/4-inch thick. Heat remaining oil in a saute pan and cook cakes on both sides until brown and crispy.
- Serve with a dollop of tartar sauce.