- 1/2 c. almond butter (or any kind of nut butter)
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt (if needed or using no added salt nut butter)
- – 6 tbsp. 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 c. ground flax (optional, could use another dry ingredient, wheat/oat/germ bran, other nuts/seeds)
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. pumpkin seeds (pepitas) + extra to roll the balls in (optional)
- Mix together the nut butter, honey, vanilla, salt (if using) and pumpkin puree in a large bowl and stir to combine. If yours is difficult to combine, you can microwave for a few seconds, although I didn't need to do this. I'm guessing if you refrigerate your nut butter, it may be best to leave it at room temperature before measuring and mixing.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine. It's optional to let it sit in the refrigerator for about 30 min before rolling into balls, although I didn't need to do this either. Add additional mix-ins if your mixture seems to be too sticky or not at the right consistency you'd like.
- Roll out the mixture into about 20-24 balls and roll into pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for a quick and healthy snack!
Leave a Reply