- •2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or vinegar + 1 tsp sugar)
- •1/2 tsp garlic powder
- •1 tbsp olive oil (extra-virgin if available)
- •1 tbsp orange juice (or apple juice)
- •1 tsp paprika (or chili powder)
- •1 cup cubed fresh pineapple (about 8 ounces), divided
- •1/3 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- •1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- •1/2 tsp salt
- •1/2 Serrano pepper, seeded (or habanero)
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- •1 (5-ounce) package fresh spring mix of spinach, baby lettuce, and radicchio
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Add chicken to pan; cook for 5 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Combine half of pineapple, orange juice, vinegar, and Serrano in a blender; process until smooth. Add olive oil after blended and mix with spoon or ladle.
- Cut the red onion and red bell pepper into thin strips or desired pieces. Pineapples should be cut into 1/2-inch chunks or can be cut according to preference as well.
- Combine remaining pineapple and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3/4 cup dressing, and toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 2 plates. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; divide chicken evenly over salads. Drizzle salad evenly with remaining dressing. Enjoy!