- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 sweet onion – sliced
- 3 Tbs. vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Sauté the onion in a tablespoon of olive oil until transparent. Let the onion cool.
- Place the onion in a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Give a few good chops until the desired consistency is reached. Place in a container and refrigerate.
- Combine all of the above in a pot; add the chicken and cover in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from the brine and cut the chicken into desired sized pieces.
- Heat a 10 inch frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- If the chicken is cut into ¼ to ½ inch thickness it should take about 6 to 10 minutes over medium heat; turning the chicken pieces occasionally to sauté evenly. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Serve with the onion dipping sauce.