- heaping 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 2 cups chicken broth (homemade even better if you have)
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, over medium low heat, add a couple drizzles of olive oil. Place the chicken skin side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, flip and cook a few minutes on the other side. Remove the chicken and place on a dish.
- If the pan is dry add a small drizzle of olive oil again and the onion. Sauté until slightly softened. Carefully add in the white wine and scrap all those delicious bits from the bottom of the pan. Allow the wine to reduce by half.
- Add in the artichoke hearts, olives and broth. Add the chicken back to the pot and simmer cover for about 20 minutes.
- Again remove the chicken from the pan. Add in the lemon juice and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour that fabulous sauce overtop the chicken and enjoy!