- 1 (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 mediums onions — chopped
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 3 sweet red peppers, roasted and peeled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oil, saute onions until translucent. Add cent. Add remaining ingredients, saute for 2 minutes, and set aside. Prepare topping. and sea salt. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Partially mash beans for a thick bean sauce consistency.