- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 5 chicken breast halves boned and skinned
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of chicken soup condensed – (or cream<
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic 8 ounces canned mushrooms drained
- 1 teaspoon tarragon or rosemary leaves (I like 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry; place in Crock-Pot. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and heat until smooth and hot. Pour over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- (I did it on higher heat to speed things up. I added boiled potatoes and some paprika towards the end.) For the first time ever, I used those frozen boneless skinless bags of chicken. NOT BAD! Also, I have never been one to cook with soups before: have learned my lesson. Once cooked in this recipe, you cannot tell there is canned soup as base for sauce.
- NOTES : I think this could be made in oven or on top of stove. Hint: Rival's recipe called for 4 ounces of mushrooms, but I doubled the quantity. You could leave them out if you don't like mushrooms. I had no Cream of Chicken soup and sub'd Cream of Celery. It was so good that I think I'll just stick with Celery in the future!!