- sliced bananas
- brown sugar
- 70 grams (a bit less than 5 tablespoons) browned butter
- creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 2 eggs
- 100 milliliters (a bit less than ½ cup) Bailey's Irish Cream (or milk, if you prefer)
- 250 milliliters (1 cup) milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Brown your butter by adding slices of butter to a heavy bottomed saucepan. One melted, whisk it frequently until you see small brown specks begin to form at the bottom of the pan. The butter should have a nutty aroma. Remove it from the pan to prevent further cooking.
- Mix the browned butter with the flour, salt, sugar, eggs, milk and Bailey's. Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until completely smooth.
- Let the mixture rest for 1/2 hour.
- Butter a non-stick frying pan and heat over medium heat. Using a ladle, spoon in the batter and quickly pick up the pan and swish it around so that the entire pan bottom is covered with a very thin layer of batter.
- When the underside is golden, use your fingers or a spatula to flip the crepe over to cook the other side.
- Serve with sliced bananas, creme fraiche (or sour cream) and brown sugar. We also had Dulce de Leche on the table!
Leave a Reply