Bruschetta chicken is a delicious, low-carb meal that packs big, mouthwatering flavor. With fresh vegetables, garlic, a sticky-sweet balsamic glaze, and homemade Italian Seasoning, this will be your new go-to lunch.
Want more chicken recipes that are absolutely delicious but won’t break your diet? I have got you covered. My California avocado, lemon, and honey lime are more chicken recipes bursting with flavor that you and your family will go crazy over!
Easy and Delicious Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
Whenever I go to an Italian restaurant, I always have to get an order of bruschetta. The way the flavors of mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinegar play with fresh tomatoes and herbs is almost magical. I have taken those quintessential flavors and turned them into one easy, keto-friendly meal. With all of the flavor this bruschetta chicken packs, it is easy to forget that it is healthy! Grill these up for a healthy lunch or for an Italian-inspired dinner that even the pickiest of eaters will devour.
This bruschetta chicken recipe makes dinnertime easy with a 5-ingredient marinade and grill time of less than 10 minutes. The freshness of the ingredients is what does a lot of the heavy lifting in this recipe. All you have to do is grill up your chicken and top it off with mouthwatering cheese, vegetables, and glaze! The way these flavors come together and enhance grilled chicken is incredible! This juicy, flavorful bruschetta chicken recipe is going to be one you come back to time and time again.
What You Need to Make Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
Picking fresh vegetables is key in this recipe. A perfectly ripe tomato, good cheese, and fresh herbs will take your bruschetta from good to great. For all bruschetta chicken measurements of ingredients, see the recipe card below.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Base for marinade and glaze. Gives your chicken its amazing zippy flavor!
- Honey: Adds sweetness and thickness to your marinade.
- Garlic: Minced.
- Olive Oil: Binds fat-soluble ingredients together in your marinade and keeps your chicken moist.
- Italian Seasoning: This is best homemade to ensure the best flavor. You can also customize it to your liking!
- Salt and Pepper: To taste.
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless and skinless.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Mozzarella is the perfect, melty cheese and its light, creamy flavor really adds to this dish. You can also substitute with fresh parmesan.
- Roma Tomatoes: Diced. I use Roma tomatoes in this recipe, but any tomato will work.
- Basil: Chopped, for garnish.
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken on the Grill
Achieve a restaurant-worthy result with punchy flavor in just 4 quick and easy steps! This bruschetta chicken is a family favorite and will be loved by all ages!
- Mix Together Marinade: In a medium sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Season Tomato: Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Grill: Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink.
- Add Toppings: Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
The Best Bruschetta Chicken Tips
Bruschetta chicken is such a knockout dinner with so much amazing flavor! With just a few ingredients and simple instructions, it is hard to go wrong with this recipe. Use these extra tips to make sure you achieve the most delicious result possible!
- Picking Tomatoes: If you are unable to find Roma Tomatoes, any other tomato will work as long as they are firm. Soft tomatoes can give you a mushy result.
- Other Bruschetta Toppings: You can customize your Bruschetta Chicken with so many different types of toppings! I like to add other vegetables like chopped avocado for a California-style take on this dish. For a Greek twist, top your chicken with olives and feta. You can also try a more traditional Italian version of bruschetta by simply topping your chicken with olive oil, garlic, and a cured meat like prosciutto!
- Grilling Chicken: You will know your chicken is done cooking when all juices run clear and internal temperatures reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep Grill Closed: Keep your grill closed during grilling to make sure your chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Reserve Marinade: Make sure you set aside extra marinade that has not come in contact with raw chicken. You can use this throughout the cooking process for basting and adding moisture and flavor!
I like to serve this dish up with other fresh vegetables as a healthy side. Green salads, vegetable platters, fruit, and even just grilled bread pair perfectly with the flavors of Bruschetta Chicken. You could also serve your chicken up with a bed of pasta for a complete Italian meal.
Storing Leftover Bruschetta Chicken
Because of the fresh vegetables used in this recipe, it is best eaten fresh. You can also store chicken in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and reheat in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until internal temperatures reach 160. It is best to store chicken and toppings separately, as cooking your chicken in the oven with toppings added will make your tomatoes and dressing lose moisture.
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 mediume roma tomatoes diced any tomato will work
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling optional
In a medium sized bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the tomato, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken on each side about 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
The Recipe Critic