- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2/3 canola oil
- 1 egg
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 3/4 cup 2%% ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoon sugar
- cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar, and oil on high speed until thick and pale (about 8 minutes).
- Add the ricotta, lemon juice,zest, rum, vanilla and almond extract. Mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the ground almonds, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk into the ricotta mixture, in 3 additions.
- Pour the batter into 10″ springform pan which has been buttered and the bottom lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 45-50.
- The cake is done when a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Increase your oven temperature to 375º F
- Heat the milk and stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Toss in the almonds, making sure that the nuts are coated.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the 3/4 cup ricotta, egg, 1/4 cup sugar, zest and vanilla.
- Spread the ricotta mixture topping over the baked cake and sprinkle with the almond slices.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 15 minutes, until the almonds are a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and spread the glaze over the almonds.
- Allow the cake to cool before removing from the cake pan.
- In the microwave or in a small pan heat the apricot jam until it starts to liquefy, it takes a minute or two.
- Stir to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Strain the jam if their is a large amount of pulp.
- Brush gently on the baked cake.
Leave a Reply