Air fryer tortilla chips are the perfect addition to all of your favorite salsas and dips! Once you try homemade chips, you won’t want them any other way!
Easy and Delicious Air Fryer Tortilla Chip Recipe
We love dips at my house. And to properly enjoy a dip, you need the proper vessel. These air fryer tortilla chips have been life-changing! SO easy to make with just 3 ingredients. The air fryer does its magic and you end up with the crunchiest, most delicious tortilla chips ever. Honestly, they taste like they’ve been deep-fried without the calories or the mess!
Add them to taco soup. Serve them with nachos. Eat them on their own! There’s no wrong way to have them, truly! These perfectly crunchy chips will enhance any recipe they’re added to! I like to serve them up with salsa or guacamole for game-day parties. They’re always gone in an instant and people ask me where I get them from. Little do they know, all it took was a few corn tortillas, salt, and olive oil to whip them up!
Ingredients for Your Tortilla Chips
No need to make a trip to the store! These air fryer tortilla chips have the most simple ingredient list ever! Looking for measurements? They can all be found in the recipe card below!
- Corn Tortillas: First, you can use prepackaged corn tortillas or make your own from scratch! They have amazing fresh flavor, and most importantly, are super easy to prepare!
- Olive Oil: Really, you only need a couple tablespoons to brush on the tops of your chips! It helps them become nice and crispy.
- Salt: Sprinkle on top to enhance the flavor of your chips! Looking to add more flavor? See my tips below!
How to Make Tortilla Chips in an Air Fryer
Once you see how easy these chips are to make, you’ll want them all the time! Crispy, golden goodness in minutes! To be honest, I don’t know what I ever did without them! They make every dip taste better.
- Cut: Firstly, cut your tortillas into pie shaped slices. Lay each piece out and spread olive oil on each side. Next, sprinkle sea salt on the front and back.
- Air-Fry: Lay into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 360 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until they are crunchy and lightly browned.
Making the Best Tortilla Chips
Since these air fryer tortilla chips are so easy to whip up, why not make a second batch? Switch up the flavor and perfect them with these simple tips!
- Overcrowding the Air Fryer Basket: The best way to have golden, evenly cooked chips is to cook them on a single layer. Don’t overcrowd, and make sure there are pockets in between your chips so that air can circulate properly.
- Adding Extra Flavors: If you’re wanting more than just sea salt, you can try tossing your chips with Italian herbs or ranch seasoning for that Cool Ranch effect! Cajun seasoning is also a great choice if you’re wanting something with more kick. You can also make these sweet with a bit of cinnamon sugar!
Now that you’ve got the chips, all you need are the dips! From salsas to cheese balls, guac to queso, here are a few of my favorite recipes that will taste amazing with your freshly-made air fryer tortilla chips! They’re so good, expect them to be a smash hit at your next party! Find my full list of amazing dips here. There’s something for everyone!
How Long Do Homemade Tortilla Chips Last?
At room temperature, your air fryer tortilla chips will typically last for a week, stored in a sealed bag or other airtight container. If your chips start tasting stale, you can sometimes fix them by popping them in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for a couple minutes.
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 5 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cut your tortillas into pie-shaped slices. Lay each piece out and spread olive oil on each side. Then sprinkle sea salt on the front and back.
Lay into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 360 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until they are crunchy and lightly browned.
The Recipe Critic