Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli are crispy golden nuggets of YUM! Perfect as an appetizer or even a meal, you are going to love these!
Air fryer ravioli has a crisp golden crunchy outside, that is full of Italian flavor. And then inside is soft, warm and full of cheese. Creating these delicious finger food is super easy and really fast. So when you need a go to appetizer or even a meal, that is a bit different reach for these toasted ravioli. They will be a hit every single time! Having that crunch outside combined with the super tender inside is MUST make. You are going to love it!
Making this appetizer in the air fryer makes it even that much better. You do not have to use extra oil and fat for frying, but you will still get that fried golden taste. The air fryer cooks by circulating the air around the ravioli so cooks evenly and it will bake up fast. Ready to eat in about 15-20 minutes, you can have a delectable dish ready in no time. This is one you just have to try. It is so satisfying.
What You Need For Air Fryer Ravioli
Super easy these ingredients are easy to find. Look for Ravioli in the refrigerated section near the cheese. You can use thawed frozen ravioli as well.
- Eggs: 2 Large eggs beaten well.
- Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs: Can use unseasoned breadcrumbs and add your own Italian seasoning if you desire.
- Parmesan Cheese: Use finely grated parmesan for best results.
- Cheese Ravioli: Refrigerated or frozen and then thawed will both work.
- Olive Oil Spray: Do not use cooking spray such as PAM, it can ruin your air fryer.
- Marinara: This is optional for dipping, but oh so good. Use this homemade recipe.
How to Make Ravioli in the Air Fryer
From start to finish you can have these done in about 15-20 minutes. The fact they are so easy and so delicious is huge bonus.
- Whisk: In a small bowl add eggs and whisk.
- Combine: In another small bowl combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dredge: Dip each ravioli into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Complete: Continue with each ravioli and place into the basket of an air fryer.
- Air Fry: Cook at 360 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Spray with olive oil spray and flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden.
Tips For The Best Ravioli in the Air Fryer
Using the air fryer for these toasted ravioli make these a healthier option than frying, but you will still get that amazing crunch and flavor. If you do not have an air fryer, no worries you can use this baked ravioli recipe and still get incredible toasted ravioli.
- Do not Overcrowd: Air fryers work best when you do not over crowd the food inside. This way the circulating air can get all around the food and cook it evenly. You will probably have to cook the ravioli in batches.
- Keep Warm: Keep previous batches warm in an oven heated to 200 degrees. Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper to keep them crispy.
- Oil spray: You will want to spray the ravioli thoroughly so that the breadcrumbs will crisp up. And you will need to spray both sides after you flip them. Avoid using cooking sprays, they have additives in them that can ruin your air fryer basket.
- Do I need to Cook the Ravioli: You can pre-cook the ravioli, but that it is optional. It will help soften the inside even more, but if you don’t have time, you don’t have to.
- Frozen Ravioli: You can use frozen ravioli, let it thaw on the counter. You might have to add a minute or two to the cooking time.
Variations and Sauces for Ravioli
Appetizers that are customizable are some of the best. You can vary this toasted ravioli to your liking. Also create a dipping bar with all the different kinds and let everyone choose their favorite.
- Ravioli: You can use different kinds of ravioli, meat filled, lobster, sausage etc. Whatever kind of ravioli you like will work in this toasted ravioli recipe. I would recommend a good quality ravioli that a good portion of filling for the best results.
- Sauces: Marinara is just the beginning. You can use Pesto, Alfredo, Ranch or a melted butter with Italian Seasoning. And of course garnish with extra cheese.
- Leftovers: Everyone loves these, so I will be surprised if you have any leftovers. But if you do, they will be just as good as when you made them fresh. Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
- Freeze: Freeze cooked toasted ravioli for another day. Cool completely and freeze in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Reheat for 3-5 minutes at 350 in the air fryer or until heated through.
More Appetizer Recipes to Try
We love appetizers at our house, they bring lots of flavor and variety. Everyone loves to dip, scoop and snack their way to a great meal. The beauty of appetizers is you can usually create a whole meal out of them. They are the best way to try new things too. And we can eat with our hands and it is ok. Use any of these favorite appetizer recipes and you will be the hero of the party. Or you can combine several of them for a fun dinner.
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Amazing Rotel Dip
- Cheesy Hot Corn Dip
- Easy and Addicting Ranch Pretzels
- Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) package cheese ravioli
- olive oil spray
- marinara sauce for serving
In a small bowl add eggs and whisk. In another small bowl combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Dip each ravioli into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
Continue with each ravioli and place into the basket of an air fryer.
Cook at 360 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Spray with olive oil spray and flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden.
The Recipe Critic