Crispy and seasoned perfectly with parmesan cheese, these kale chips that you cook in the air fryer are the BEST snack. They are quick and easy to make and I bet that you can’t stop at just one!
Air Fryer Kale Chips
I LOVE when I can cook things in my air fryer. Not only does it make everything crisp and fresh (I mean have you tried cooking leftovers in the air fryer…it’s brilliant!) but it’s kind of a set it and forget it deal. And it’s not just small appetizers that you can cook in it. I can have chicken, pork, and even steak at my disposal in a few minutes’ time. And it is always cooked to perfection.
These air fryer kale chips are the best example of taking an ordinary vegetable and turning it into a delicious snack! The parmesan cheese that is sprinkled on top adds in a yummy flavor and then they are cooked to be perfectly crisp. I love to make these when I want a savory snack but don’t want to load up on unhealthy food. These kale chips are the best of both worlds. I can eat something delicious and it’s a superfood vegetable!
Ingredients to Make Air Fryer Kale Chips
These chips only take 4 ingredients. That’s it! So there is no excuse not to try these out right now! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Kale: Make sure that it’s completely washed and dried!
- Olive oil: This helps the seasonings stick to the kale.
- Parmesan: I used parmesan from the can in my fridge but you could sprinkle on fresh too!
- Salt and pepper: Sprinkle these on to taste.
Let’s Make Some Chips!
If you thought the ingredient list for these air fryer kale chips was simple then just check out these instructions… It doesn’t get much easier than this!
- Clean the kale: Rinse and dry the kale. Remove the leaves from the stem and tear into small pieces.
- Toss: In a medium sized bowl add the kale, olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Place in air fryer: Lay the kale in a single layer in the bottom of your air fryer.
- Cook: Cook at 360 degrees for 7 minutes or until crisp.
Cooking with an Air Fryer
Whether this is your first time cooking with an air fryer or you’re an old pro, I have some tips for you! There are a few things that you can do to make sure that your air fryer foods turn out just right.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: Make sure that you cook things in layers, one at a time. The basket should only be filled with one layer, don’t stack anything! This makes it so that your food will cook unevenly. It’s best do do a bunch of bathes then to try and cram more in at once… Trust me, your food won’t turn out!
- Preheat the air fryer: Before you start cooking, press the preheat button on your air fryer. If yours doesn’t have this then set the air fryer to the temperature that you are cooking your food at. Then turn it on for about 3 minutes at that temperature before you put your food in!
- Don’t use aerosol spray: If you want to put some grease in your air fryer beforehand then just rub a little bit of oil on the bottom of the grate. This will help your food not stick. Don’t use spray cans (like pam) because they can cause chipping and aren’t good for your air fryer.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftover air fryer kale chips then once they are cooled, place them in a paper bag. Roll it up so that no air can get in it and keep it closed when you aren’t eating them. The paper bag will absorb any moisture and makes it so that your chips don’t get soggy!
Air Fryer Parmesan Kale Chips
- 1 bunch Kale
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan
- salt and pepper
Rinse and dry the kale. Remove the leaves from the stem and tear them into small pieces.
In a medium-sized bowl add the kale, olive oil, parmesan, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
Lay the kale in a single layer in the bottom of your air fryer.
Cook at 360 degrees for 7 minutes or until crisp.
The Recipe Critic