A batch of juicy, tender air fryer mushrooms is the perfect dinner side! They’re tossed in a garlic parmesan sauce for savory, juicy flavor you won’t be able to get enough of. Ready in 10 minutes, there’s no better way to make them!
If you couldn’t already tell, the air fryer is my favorite kitchen tool. No matter the kind of food you cook, the air fryer always works its magic! Veggies are one of my favorite things to make in it because they always turn out so fresh and tender! Crispy parmesan brussels sprouts, garlic broccoli, and roasted cauliflower are more air fryer veggie recipes I highly recommend you try!
Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe
Nothing complements a hearty dinner quite like mushrooms do. They are so tender, meaty, and flavorful! That’s why they’re so popular served with steak! It’s the perfect combination. Getting steakhouse-worthy veggies can be tricky though. Especially if you’re short on time!
That’s where the air fryer comes in! With an air fryer, you can get perfectly cooked veggies in minutes! And did I mention how mouthwatering and tender they are?! You’re going to love this easy air fryer mushrooms recipe. I’ve added in a super easy sauce made with soy sauce, garlic, and parmesan for you to toss them in. It gives each bite the juiciest, savory flavor! Let’s get cooking!
Everything Needed to Make the Best Air Fryer Mushrooms
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this mushroom lover’s dream! These simple ingredients help enhance and tenderize the mushrooms perfectly! You can find all measurements in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Mushrooms: I used white button mushrooms, but you can switch these out for your favorite type of mushrooms! Cremini and portobello work great, too, but you may need to add a minute or two to the cooking time since portobello mushrooms are so big.
- Olive Oil: Adds moisture and helps your mushrooms sizzle up to perfection!
- Soy Sauce: Makes the mushrooms nice and tender and adds savory flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese: Nothing complements garlic and fresh herbs as well as grated parmesan! It’s a flavor match made in heaven.
- Seasonings: I used garlic powder, fresh thyme, and salt and pepper for the best savory flavor in each bite! Don’t skip the thyme- it adds amazing aromatics and a woodsy flavor that really takes the flavor of these air fryer mushrooms to the next level.
How to Cook Mushrooms in the Air Fryer
This is the perfect way to cook mushrooms! No sauteeing, no mess. It’s so easy and they turn out absolutely delicious every time!
- Clean Mushrooms: Clean your mushrooms with water to make sure they’re free of any dirt. Pat dry.
- Combine All Ingredients: In a bowl add the mushrooms, oil, soy sauce, parmesan, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Air Fry: Add to your air fryer basket. Cook at 380 degrees F for 5 mins.
- Shake Basket, Air Fry Again: Shake the basket and then cook for another 5-7 minutes or until tender.
Tips For Cooking Mushrooms in the Air Fryer
These tips may seem like a no-brainer, but they’re super important when cooking vegetables in the air fryer!
- Cook a Single Layer at a Time: Airflow is crucial when cooking anything in your air fryer, but especially for vegetables. Only cook a single layer of mushrooms at a time and make sure there’s enough space in between the pieces that they can be cooked through completely.
- Don’t Forget to Shake: Shaking your basket halfway through the cooking time helps make sure your mushrooms are cooked evenly. This will keep your mushrooms from being soggy or undercooked.
Leftover mushrooms are the best! You can use these bad boys for salad, pasta, stir-fries, and more! Find my full list of mushroom dishes here.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover mushrooms in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- 16 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a bowl add the mushrooms, oil, soy sauce, parmesan, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Stir everything together. Add it to an air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees for 5 mins.
Shake the basket and then cook for another 5-7 minutes or until tender.
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply